- Used to drain the showered water or bathroom water.
- It will send the waste water from bathroom to drainage through pipes.
Shower Drain Materials
Rust-resistant materials such as PVC. Stainless steel Brass or a combination of these.
Round or square drains are the most common. Usable Places Bathroom, Kitchen , commercial purposes.
You need to unclog shower drain blockages at some point in time.
A clogged drain is more likely caused by the lack of drain cleaning, maintenance, or faulty installation.
Some of the Waste particles and hair particles will remain in the drain after a bath.
USED SOLVING TIPS FOR USABILITY PROBLEMS:
Basic cleaning should involve removing the drain cover and wash away all visible dirt from it.
Cleaning can also be done by hand to remove clumps of hair, etc.
Pouring hot water or vinegar to clean the drain.
Using the High-Pressure Water Jet.
1.What are the difficulties you faced in drain system during the shower?
- Person1: When I was in a quick bath, It takes more time to clean the drain.
- Person2: It needs separate time to clean. So, it tends to extend by bathing time.
2.How will you clean your shower drain?
- Person1: Maximum of time I use hand or leg and in some cases I use brushes to clean.
- Person2: I clean them by removing the drainer from the floor.
3.How many times do you clean your drain?
- Person1: One time during the shower and another time during the cleaning of whole bathroom. So, 2 times a day.
- Person2: Weekly three – four times.
- Cleaning the shower drain by a quick method.
- Using low amount of water to clean completely.
AGE: 18 – 55
GENDER: Male and Female
DEVELOPED PRODUCT DESIGN
- The shower drain should be designed in a square shape.
- The four sides of the drain are attached to the spring system.
- The upper drain portion is located on the floor in the bathroom as like the older product.
- The lower part which acts as a base for the shower drain will be fixed at the bottom at 5 inches (1” tiles+1” concrete+3” drain pipe) under the floor.
- The upper part (shower drain) and the lower part (base) are connected with the spring system at 4 sides at the inner side of the frame.
- This system is connected to the 3” pipe on its side of the hole.
- When we press the upper part (shower drain), it moves down with the help of springs and produces the gap to flow the shower water to the drain pipe.
- After the flow of water, we can release the upper part (shower drain) and it will attain the original position with the help of the spring system.
- This will helps to release the dust and hair particles freely without sticking in the shower drain.
The vertical spring system is used in all the four sides of drain
- Low usage of cleaning water.
- A quick method to clean.
- No need for machineries to clean.
- Children will be able to get their legs in the holes of the drain.
The Product Designed By
UX UI Designing Course at #BIOD